Online Resource Specialist
Job Title: Online Resource Specialist
Status: Permanent, Full-time (35 hours/week)
Number of Positions: 1Hourly Rate: 21.22/hour
Posting Date: August 29, 2018
Bargaining Unit: Unionized, CUPE Local 5239
Posting Close: September 14, 2018
East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET is currently accepting applications for the position of Online Resource Specialist from qualified and motivated candidates.Position summary:Reporting the Manager, Housing Services, the Online Resources Specialist works closely and collaboratively with colleagues in Housing Services and related departments to promote the programs and services of EYET via the agency’s corporate website(s).
Key Responsibilities include:
Online Resource Program Delivery
- Develop, maintain and enhance front-end website content and functionality of EYET corporate websites including, but not limited to, our current www.landlordconnect.ca and www.housingworker.ca, housing websites
- Support an online community of housing service practitioners from across Toronto via access to relevant web content and materials supporting professional learning and organizational capacity-building of the housing services sector;
- Maintain strong relationships with the agency’s third party website developers;
- Support and promote the participation of housing professionals and organizations in EYET sector capacity building activities via website content development and use of Constant Contact and/or related outreach/communications tools;
- Support the sector support team in researching and posting of news and resources of interest to housing professionals and organizations across Toronto;
- Contribute to and support the front-end content development of EYET’s main corporate website (www.eyetfrp.ca), including its Housing Services sub-pages, as required
Departmental and Team Requirements
- Participate professionally and collaboratively with supervisors, other staff, volunteers, student placements and partner agency staff as directed;• Actively participate in all required supervision, staff team and agency wide meetings and committees;
- Provide coverage for other sector support team members, as requested
- Minimum two (2) year diploma in related field of study;
- Minimum two (2) years recent experience developing and managing online content and services;
- Strong computer literacy skills (i.e. MS Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite), including an intermediate knowledge of InDesign and working knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook;
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated skills in HTML, WordPress; experience with Constant Contact is highly desirable;
- Experience working in a multi-service, non-profit organization and/or a working understanding of housing help services is an asset;
- Experience working with culturally diverse and vulnerable populations is highly desirable;
- Strong demonstrated proficiency in both spoken and written English is required;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team context.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single document in either MS Word or PDF formats using your last name and first initial in order to create the filenames to “Online Resources Specialist Committee” at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 PM on Friday September 14, 2018.Only emailed applications will be accepted.
No telephone enquiries, please. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates may be invited to interview before the close date of this posting.
Click Here to download a PDF copy of this job posting.