Childcare Centre Supervisor
Job Title: Childcare Centre Supervisor
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: EYET Head Office, 947 Queen St. East, Toronto
Posting Date: July 23, 2018
Posting Close: August 3, 2018
East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET is currently accepting applications for the position of Childcare Centre Supervisor from qualified and motivated candidates.
Reporting to a Manager for EYET Family Resources, the Childcare Centre Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the licensed child care center. They must provide leadership that is consistent with the philosophy of the child care center, and in keeping within the policies and procedures of the Agency. The child care center supervisor is also responsible for program planning, working effectively with staff, working with families and children, connecting with the community, mentoring students in addition to the completing the various administrative responsibilities required.
- Supervise the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive child care services, including quality assurance, age-and developmentaly appropriateactivities, and programming designed to promote and enhance children’s development in physical, emotional, social, and cognitive areas.
- Develop programs in compliance with the CCEYA and the City of Toronto’s AQI.
- Assessing and monitoring behaviors and/or situations that may suggest a child is at risk. Providing information, referral, and advocacy services and/or report situation to the appropriate authority as required by law.
- Monitor and evaluate program delivery for quality and to ensure the programs meet target deliverables. Maintain and monitor annual program work plans, outcome frameworks and reporting systems.
- Ensure effective communication and program collaboration. Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and policies.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and help develop agency and program policies and procedures as a member of the Management team.
- Manage and mitigate risks that may develop within the program.
- Hold an RECE designation and be in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Minimum of 3 years direct Supervisor experience in a child care setting.
- Current CPR Level-C and Standard First Aid certificates.
- Working knowledge of the current City of Toronto’s AQI, CCEYA, and Public Health regulations regarding Child Care Centres.
- Fluent oral and written English language communication skills; the ability to speak another language will be considered an asset.
- A demonstrable understanding of anti-oppression frameworks, social change and cultural competency.
- Skilled at working both independently and within a team context.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single document in either MS Word or PDF formats using your last name and first initial in order to create the filenames to “Childcare Centre Supervisor Committee” at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 PM on Monday October 1, 2018.
Only emailed applications will be accepted. No telephone enquiries, please. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates may be invited to interview before the close date of this posting.
Click Here to download a PDF of this Job Posting.