Assistant Supervisor, ECE
|Job Title: Assistant Supervisor, ECE||Department: Licensed Childcare|
|Status: Permanent, Full-time (35 hours/week)||Number of Positions: 1|
|Hourly Rate: $21.96/hour
Posting Date: November 19, 2018
|Bargaining Unit: Unionized, CUPE Local 5239
Posting Close: November 30, 2018
East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET is currently welcoming applications from experienced, creative, Early Childhood Educators, interested in working as an Assistant Supervisor, with a diverse team of early learning and child care providers at EYET’s school-based, licensed, Early Learning Centre childcare centers. The Assistant Supervisor, will work with direction from the Centre Supervisor and be responsible for planning and implementing the center’s educational curriculum plans in alignment with the centre’s philosophy for all age groups including Before & After Care. They will also be responsible for providing group care; implementing a complete range of activities that encourage growth and development for toddlers, preschool, kindergarten and school-age, age groups within a stimulating and safe environment; assisting in the process of program and service evaluation; assisting with maintaining all licensing requirements; following required and legislated regulations, policies and protocols; executing early identification services; supporting the development of and sharing resources; collaborating with staff of the EYET Early Learning Centre(s) and partner agencies, volunteers and student placements; sustaining involvement of parents and families of clients; working to achieve specified departmental outcomes and deliverables within the context of the EYET Mission, Values and Strategic Plan.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the Supervisor and act as the designate, for all matters pertaining to program and centre-related activities
- Maintain the centre’s compliance by meeting all requirements, including reviewing and supporting the implementation of programming in all areas, and other administrative
- Provide group care and implementation of the centre’s educational program including the Before and After Care
- Interact and participate with the staff team and other partnership teams, including other ECEs, OEYC staff, and kindergarten teachers in a constructive, collaborative and cooperative
- Contribute to the on-going operation of the centre through actively participating in regular needs assessments and planning exercises, implementing and evaluating the culturally competent, inclusive and developmentally appropriate programs designed for children aged 1.5 – 9 years old in order to ensure department outcomes and deliverables are achieved and in order to adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act and City of Toronto Operating Criteria/Assessment for Quality Improvement
- Ensure children’s environment is healthy and safe; maintain a safe, clean and organized workspace environment and submit incident reports and serious occurrence forms according to agency protocol and legislative/funder requirements.
- Guide children’s behaviour to promote autonomy and positive self-concept; maintain a positive early learning environment that is physically and emotionally safe and respectful for children, parents and co-workers.
- Individualize the curriculum; identify and meet designated needs of all children as an individual and as a
- Encourage and support active family involvement; provide relevant information, referrals, facilitation of workshops and development of resources for children/participants and their families/caregivers.
- Gather and maintain accurate, data/enrolment and statistics for ELC as required by the agency and relevant
- Actively participate in team and agency-wide committee meetings, as reuired
- Graduate of a post-secondary, Early Childhood education program. Applicants with a degree in Child Studies will also be
- A current member of the College of Early Childhood Educators and a certified Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE).
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in the field of Early Childhood
- Be well versed in the policies and procedures as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Child Care Early Years
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police
- Updated Health and Immunization
- Strong written and oral English language skills; reading and speaking a second language will be considered an
- Demonstrated, strong leadership
- Excellent time management and organizational
- Knowledge gained through practical experience, of child development, programming for appropriate age groups, and the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen?
- Demonstrated practice and use of a welcoming personality, dependability, commitment, competency caring for children, and the ability to share these
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter as a single document in either MS Word or PDF formats saved using a file name that includes your last name and first initial in the filename to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4:30 p.m., Friday June 30, 2018. Please include “Assistant Supervisor Hiring Committee” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only applications submitted by email will be accepted. No telephone enquiries or recruiters. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Interviews with qualified applicants may be scheduled in advance of the posting close date.