Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
|Job Title: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)||Department: Licensed Childcare|
|Status: Permanent, Full-time||Number of Positions: 2|
|Hourly Rate: $18.94/hour||Bargaining Unit: Unionized, CUPE Local 5239|
|Posting Date: November 19, 2018||Posting Close: November 30, 2018|
East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET is currently welcoming applications from experienced, creative, Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) interested in working with a diverse team of early learning and child care providers at EYET’s school-based, licensed, Early Learning Centre childcare centers. The RECE will work with direction from the Program Supervisor and be responsible for planning and implementing the center’s educational curriculum plans in alignment with the centre’s philosophy for all age groups including Before and After Care. The RECE will also be responsible for providing group care; implementing a complete range of activities that encourage growth and development for toddlers and preschool age groups within a stimulating and safe environment; assisting in the process of program and service evaluation; assisting with maintaining all licensing requirements; following required and legislated regulations, policies and protocols; executing early identification services; supporting the development of and sharing resources; collaborating with staff of the EYET Early Learning Centre(s) and partner agencies, volunteers and student placements; sustaining involvement of parents and families of clients; working to achieve specified departmental outcomes and deliverables within the context of the EYET Mission, Values and Strategic Plan.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide group care and implementation of the centre’s educational program for all age groups
- Interact and participate with the staff team and other partnership teams, including other RECEs, EYET staff, and kindergarten teachers in a constructive, collaborative and cooperative
- Contribute to the on-going operation of the centre through actively participating in regular needs assessments and planning exercises, implementing and evaluating the culturally competent, inclusive and developmentally appropriate programs designed for children aged 1.5 – 9 years old in order to ensure department outcomes and deliverables are achieved and in order to adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act and City of Toronto Operating Criteria/Assessment for Quality Improvement
- Ensure children’s environment is healthy and safe; maintain a safe, clean and organized workspace environment and submit incident reports and serious occurrence forms according to agency protocol and legislative/funder
- Guide children’s behaviour to promote autonomy and positive self-concept; maintain a positive early learning environment that is physically and emotionally safe and respectful for children, parents and co-workers.
- Individualize the curriculum; identify and meet designated needs of all children as an individual and as a
- Encourage and support active family involvement; provide relevant information, referrals, facilitation of workshops and development of resources for children/participants and their families/caregivers.
- Gather and maintain accurate, data/enrolment and statistics for ELC as required by the agency and relevant
- Actively participate in team and agency-wide committee meetings, as required
- A Bachelor’s degree (ECE) or an ECE diploma and 1 year of relevant experience or equivalent certification recognized by
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience working with culturally diverse children, families and /or caregivers in a community based child care
- Current membership in the College of Early Childhood Educators as an
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience maintaining compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and City of Toronto’s Assessment for Quality Improvement Criteria standards; planning, implementing, delivering and evaluating programs; implementing Emergent Curriculum, the Early Learning Framework, and the How Does Learning Happen
- Confirmed knowledge of and experience working with the health promotion and accessibility issues experienced by culturally diverse, relevant
- Demonstrable partnership experience with community organizations using Family Support Principals to support diverse
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team
- Medical tests required – TB, 6 months current to hiring
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Fluent and effective written and verbal English language skills; fluency in a second language considered an
- Available to work rotating shift between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm.
- Strong computer literacy (WORD, Word-perfect, Excel, email).
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org being certain to include “Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Hiring Committee” in the email subject line no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday November 30, 2018. Applicant resumes and cover letter should be sent as a single PDF or MSWord document saved using a filename that includes the applicant’s first and last names.
Only e-mailed applications will be accepted. No telephone enquiries, please. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interviews may be scheduled prior to the closing date of the job posting. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.