Team Leader, Ready for School Connects
Job Title: Team Leader, Ready for School Connects
Status: Temporary Seasonal Contract
Hourly Rate: $21.85/hour
Number of Positions: 3
Bargaining Unit: Non-Unionized
Posting Close: April 23, 2019
Internal Posting Date: April 9, 2019
Length of Contract:
May 13 – June 14: 14 hours per week (5 weeks) Training/outreach/registration
June 17 – August 23: 35 hours per week (10 weeks) Program development and delivery
August 26 – 30: 21 hours per week (1 week) Evaluation/Follow-up
September 2 – 20: 7 hours per week (3 weeks) Follow – up
East York East Toronto Family Resources Organization (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
Position summary: EYET is looking for progressive and innovative individuals to lead the Ready for School Connects (RfSC) Project. The Team Leader, RfSC will work, with direction from the Supervisor, School Readiness and Manager, Program & Administrative Services, to develop, plan, implement and evaluate the school readiness program for newcomer families with children 3 – 6 years of age.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide training, and supervision to Program Workers and volunteers in the Ready for School Project;
- Act as a resource to, and assist participants and community members in identifying issues and concerns, and develop appropriate advocacy actions in accordance with EYET’s mission and philosophy.
- Assist in, and prepare reports/proposals for designated services activities;
- Provide appropriate supervision to groups of preschool children;
- Assist in the revision of written materials, forms, and evaluation materials, and carry out participant evaluations related to the Ready for School Connects project;
- Assist with the planning, development, design, and implementation of all aspects of the school readiness program, including researching and purchasing culturally appropriate program materials for resource kit;
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of focus groups and parent workshops;
- Preparation and delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive parent/child activities
- 1-2 years of post-secondary education in one of the following: ECE, Education, Child and Youth Worker, Social Work, Health Promotion or in a related field; or the equivalent combination of education with experience;
- 1 – 2 years’ work experience including supervision and programming with young children and their parents, in the fields of recreation and/or education;
- Prior supervisory experience with staff and volunteers;
- Proven skills in design, development, implementation and evaluation of services, projects and initiatives;
- Current First Aid certification and Vulnerable Sector Police Check; Completed within the last 5 months of hiring
- Current Health Assessment Check;
- Knowledge of and working experience with newcomer families, children 3-6 years of age and diverse communities/cultures;
- Knowledge of and commitment to social change and principles of cultural competency;
- Knowledge of child development, women’s/children’s and parenting issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of the ELF (Early Learning Framework);
- Ability to develop and follow daily curriculum and work-plans;
- Demonstrated skills in service coordination and group facilitation;
- Able to work independently and as a team member;
- Strong and effective English verbal and written language skills;
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft applications and Internet
- Ability to speak a second language; in particular Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Mandarin, Tamil, or Dari would be an asset.Please send your resume and cover letter in one document to “Hiring Committee – Team Leader, RfSC” at email@example.com by 4:00PM on Wednesday April 23, 2019. The document must be in either MS Word or PDF format and saved under a filename that includes your last name and first initial. Please put “Team Leader, RfSC” in the subject line of your email.Please note that only emailed applications will be accepted. No telephone enquiries, please. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.