Licensed Child Care
Due to the current Provincial Ministerial Order relating to publicly-funded schools in Toronto, all EYET programs that operate within either Toronto District School Board or Toronto Catholic District School Board schools have been temporarily closed until further notice.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres
EYET’s EarlyOn Child and Family Centres are currently not operating. We will provide updates as the situations evolve.
Due to the current coronavirus (COVID – 19) community response, the East York Housing Help Centre has temporarily suspended drop-in services at all of its locations, effective March 16, 2020 and until further notice.
For direct assistance contact us at:
Phone: 416 698-9306
All previously scheduled appointments will be
re-scheduled to phone or email follow-up.
To make an appointment for staff to be in touch with you by phone or
Please watch this space for further updates regarding EYET programs as they are made available.
Landlord Engagement Network Workshop – Understanding Month-to-Month Tenancies
In Toronto, when a residential tenancy lease expires and there is no new lease, the tenancy automatically becomes a month-to-month tenancy. The Ontario Residential Tenancies Act affords a number of rights to tenants, but there are some things that change when the standard lease has expired. So what changes when a lease runs out and a tenant starts to rent on a month-to-month basis? What are the obligations of the tenant and the landlord, and how do those change?
Join EYET as we invite a legal expert from the Don Valley Community Legal Services to learn about the differences between standard leases and month-to-month tenancies.
- Understand what to do when a standard lease expires
- Understand the pros and cons of continuing a tenancy in a month-to- month basis.
- Decide if a month-to-month is right for you, and know how to request a new standard lease if desired.
- Recognize the rights of both tenants and landlords in a month-to-month rental.
- Understand the legalities of the Residential Tenancies Act in regards to a month-to-month rental agreement.
Eligibility: Open to tenants, landlords, and housing professionals across the sector.
Date / Time: Thursday, March 19, 2020; 6-8 pm
Location: Ralph Thornton Community Centre: 765 Queen Street East
Click here for Registration and for more information contact Savhanna
Wilson at 647-259-9439 or email@example.com
Title: Relief/Supply Staff – ECE & ECA Department: Childcare
Position Type: Casual Location: EYET Head Office, 947 Queen
Date: March 2020 Posting Close: Open
East York/East Toronto
Family Resources Organization (EYET) is a
non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and
supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early
learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a
community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to
accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET is currently welcoming applications from qualified Early
Childhood Educators (ECEs) and Early Childhood Assistants (ECAs) candidates for
positions in the EYET Relief Pool. Relief Pool staff work with regular staff to
assist with the delivery of licensed childcare and parent/child programs.
Relief Pool RECEs and ECAs report to the Program Supervisors and will implement
early years programs as a part of a team. Relief staff will implement
inclusive, quality, play-based early years’ programs to enhance children’s
cognitive, physical, social and emotional growth in accordance with the Child
Care and Early Years Act and EYET’s policies.
Relief Pool positions are not guaranteed a minimum number of hours
per week. Successful candidates will be required to have flexibility in their
availability and be able work on an on-call basis at any of the EYET locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the supervisors and staff in all aspects
of service preparation and delivery.
- Providing a physically safe and
emotionally supportive environment showing sensitivity to the individual needs
of the children in all aspects of development.
- Modeling positive adult/child relationships.
- Assisting children and families to access services.
- Assisting with the provision of an
inclusive, multicultural and non-oppressive atmosphere for the children and
- Housekeeping and
maintenance of program space.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Other Requirements:
- ECEs are required to have completed an ECE diploma or Degree or the equivalent as recognized by the AECEO and to be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- ECAs are required to have completed a post-secondary diploma in a related field and/or studies in Family Support.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working within a childcare or family program environment.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining standards in accordance with the Ontario Childcare and Early Years Act and City of Toronto Operating Criteria.
- Experience working with young children, diverse families, multicultural communities and an excellent understanding of the theory and practice of Family Support Programs.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Emergent Curriculum, the ELECT Framework, and/or the Full Day Early Learning Kindergarten Curriculum.
- Good command of English, both verbal and written.
- Awareness of how to engage families and communities who have experience marginalization, isolation, etc.
- Required – Medical certificate including TB, 6 months current to hiring date.
- Required – Current Standard Level First Aid and Infant/Child CPR certificate and able to obtain a “Clear” Vulnerable Persons Police Check.
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a team, with minimal supervision.
- Flexible work schedule for daytime shifts (early mornings and late afternoons).
- Previous experience working in a social/community service or multi-service agency.
- Ability to speak a second language; in particular Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Mandarin, Tamil, or Dari would be an asset.
Please send your resume and
cover letter as a single document in either MS Word or PDF formats using your
last name and first initial in order to create the filenames to “Relief Staff –
ECE & ECA” at firstname.lastname@example.org
applications will be accepted. No telephone enquiries, please. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are
encouraged to apply. Only candidates selected for interview will be
Qualified candidates may be invited to interview before the close
date of this posting.