Request for Proposals – Strategic Planning Consulting
East York East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) is a charitable, non-profit organization that has been enriching the lives of east end Toronto families for the past 35 years. EYET is a multi-service agency whose mission is “…to provide programs, services and resources that increase the well-being of individuals and families by engaging their strong and compassionate voices in developing and building the strength of our communities”. As part of this mission, we believe that every person should be valued and empowered to pursue their dreams. Our governance framework encompasses the following values:
EYET offers a variety of services to the community with a strong emphasis on:
- Family Support – EYET family support programs provide a welcome and safe environment offering prenatal education and early years support to families with children from 0-6 years.
- Newcomer Support – EYET engages newcomer families in becoming better informed and involved in Canadian society
- Licensed Child Care – EYET operates four licensed child care centres for children from infant to school age, depending on the centre. These centres provide a caring, stimulating and creative environment where children can experience physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth.
c) Housing Help – Through its East York Housing Help Centre, EYET helps people find and keep their housing and prevent eviction, by offering housing access, housing stabilization and financial assistance programs.
EYET is seeking proposals from qualified industry
consultants to assist
and guide in the development and definition of a new strategic plan
which will set the course for the next 3-5 years. The successful proponent
should have a strong working knowledge of the Toronto community and non-profit organizations. Additionally, the consultant must have extensive
strategic planning experience including the ability to conduct research, facilitate
the planning processes, engage internal and external stakeholders and distill a plan that is clear,
inspiring, innovative and with measurable and attainable
goals. They must be able to work collaboratively with members of a Board
Strategic Plan Committee and the agency’s Executive Director.
The purpose of this RFP is to develop an organizational strategic plan that will set the course for EYET over the next 3-5 years. The plan must define the long-term vision for EYET, incorporate current conditions, goals and objectives and demonstrate an understanding of the anticipated changes and challenges during this timeframe. The plan should demonstrate how EYET will continue to provide the highest quality services and achieve targeted growth according to the organization’s defined goals/objectives while embodying our vision and mission.
The strategic plan proposal should include methods for establishing strategic direction including:
- A reaffirmation of the organization’s mission, vision and values
- An understanding of current government legislation, policies and regulatory requirements that impact the agency’s primary areas of service delivery
- An understanding of the local community systems in which EYET works (including geographic and demographic requirements of the community)
- A process for engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Board/senior staff engagement, facilitation and review of the directions developed
Specifically, the consultant will be responsible for providing expert advice and facilitation throughout the project and for the following deliverables including, but not limited to:
- Project coordination including planning, coordinating, documenting of stakeholder engagement sessions
- Completion of an external environmental scan and summary report that will allow for evidence- informed decision-making in the planning process
- Completion of an internal review and summary report of current state of governance and operations at EYET, identification of gaps and implications for EYET as a result of the comparison of external needs vs. internal services provided
- SWOT analysis, or similar framework, for engagement, analysis and strategic direction development
- Planning, facilitation and outcome analysis of strategic workshop
for relevant EYET
stakeholder participants including, but not limited to:
- Review of mission, vision, value
- Strategic visioning and imperatives
- Goal and priority-setting
- Plan documentation including development of an interim and final report, including executive summary
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are measurable
Proposals are to be sent by email, in Acrobat .pdf format to the attention of Caroline Ball, Executive Director (email@example.com) no later than March 23, 2020. Proposals should not exceed 10 pages as the main body of the proposal with a maximum of an additional 15 pages as appendix material.
Proposal documents should be organized including:
- Executive summary
- Scope, approach, methodology
- Project management approach, work plan and timeline
- Overview of skills, experience, and qualifications
- Pricing and cost schedule
- Three references familiar with the consultant’s work on similar assignments
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Experience / skills / qualification of the consultant (15%)
- Demonstrated understanding of the objectives (15%)
- Strategy/approach and knowledge of the community in which we operate (25%)
- Quality and reasonableness of work plan / schedule (25%)
- Price (20%)
We thank all proponents for their submissions. However, only those shortlisted for formal interview will be contacted.