East York East Toronto Family Resources Organization (EYET) is looking for vibrant and engaged community volunteers to serve on its Board of Directors. Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting (May 26, 2020).
EYET is a non-profit, multi-service agency serving communities and families in Toronto’s east end for over 25 years. Our mission is to provide programs, services and resources that enhance the well-being of individuals and families and thus engage them in building our communities. Collaboration, accountability, responsiveness, inclusion and innovation are the values which inform and inspire EYET’s response to the evolving needs of communities we serve.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to exercise leadership skills by participating in the governance and strategic decision-making processes of the organization
- A platform to network with people who have the same passion for local community social services in a positive team oriented environment
- Be residents of Toronto and support the vision, mission and values of EYET
- Reflect the vibrant diversity of the communities we serve
- Be familiar with a governance-based Board of Directors and non-profit organizations
- Bring a personal interest in family support, early learning and child development, housing and homelessness and newcomer services.
- Have some knowledge, skills, and/or experience in community-based services.
- Attend monthly board meetings and participate on committees
A complete application must include:
•An electronic version of your RESUME with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in our organization, your key qualifications, past volunteer experience and how you would contribute to the Board of Directors. Please include your email and mailing address with your resume.
Please email your application, including all required documents, to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 p.m., Friday, March 27, 2020.
We will only accept complete applications. If you are selected for interview, you will be asked to provide consent for us to contact 2 references.
Thank you for your interest in EYET Family Resources Organization.