Understanding Month-to-Month Rentals
Understanding Month-to-Month Rentals – Landlord Engagement Workshop:
Do you know what changes to your rights and obligations when a lease expires and you are now renting on a month-to-month basis? Do you understand the protections of the Ontario Residential Tenancies Act? Do you know how a tenancy should end, what the rules are for evictions, or how to give notice to vacate a property?
Join us as we invite a legal expert from Don Valley Community Legal Services to provide an overview of a month-to-month rental, and how legislation around pre- and post- November 2018 buildings affects them.
This workshop will help tenants, landlords, and housing professionals to:
- Understand what to do when a standard lease expires.
- Understand the pros and cons of continuing a tenancy in a month-to-month basis.
- Decide if a month-to-month is right for you, and know how to request a new standard lease if desired.
- Recognize the rights of both tenants and landlords in a month-to-month rental.
- Understand the legalities of the Residential Tenancies Act in regards to a month-to-month rental agreement.
Date / Time: Wednesday July 8th 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Click here for Registration.
For more information contact: Savhanna Wilson at email@example.com
Above events are virtual sessions taking place on Zoom. Registered participants will gain access to the event via a “Join” link (Zoom is compatible with PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android devices).