Housing Help Services Certificate
New Housing Help Services Certificate – Online Version!
The Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC) is now available online. The HHSC is a comprehensive professional development certificate that provides skills and competencies to housing professionals in order to serve clients more effectively within the housing and homelessness sector. Staff completing this certificate will benefit from up-to-date training in this specialized, housing-focused, area of service delivery.
The current series runs September 22 to October 15, 2020 and,
- Consists of eight half-days, twice per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays), 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Cost is $450 per participant to register
- Training is delivered online via the Zoom video conferencing platform
Eligibility: You must be employed by an agency or organization within Toronto in order to register
To register, download the registration form here, fill out all sections, and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment must be received in full in advance by the September 16th registration deadline. Payment must be issued by an agency; no personal cheques will be accepted.
Fall 2020 Training Schedule:
- Introduction to Housing Help Services (Tuesday, September 22, 2020)
- Anti-Oppression & Harm Reduction in Service Delivery (Thursday, September 24, 2020)
- Tenant & Landlord Rights & Responsibilities (Tuesday, September 29, 2020)
- Housing Standards & Working with Landlords (Thursday, October 1, 2020)
- Housing Access & Income Supports (Tuesday, October 6, 2020)
- Budgeting & Resource Management (Thursday, October 8, 2020)
- Housing Stability & Eviction Prevention (Tuesday, October 13, 2020)
- Understanding Mental Health in Housing (Thursday, October 15, 2020)
For more information about the HHSC, contact Thania Valle, Training Facilitator, at 647-259-9336 or email@example.com.