Housing Help Services Certificate
Late Fall Housing Help Services Certificate – Online Version!
The Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC) is now available online. The HHSC is a comprehensive professional development certificate that provides skills and competencies to housing professionals in order to serve clients more effectively within the housing and homelessness sector. Staff completing this certificate will benefit from up-to-date training in this specialized, housing-focused, area of service delivery.
The current series runs from November 10th to December 3rd and,
- Consists of eight half-days, twice per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays), 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Cost is $450 per participant to register
- Training is delivered online via the Zoom video conferencing platform
Eligibility: You must be employed by an agency or organization within Toronto in order to register
To register, download the registration form here, fill out all sections, and e-mail the completed form to email@example.com. Payment must be received in full in advance by the November 4th registration deadline. Payment must be issued by an agency; no personal cheques will be accepted.
Late Fall 2020 Training Schedule:
- Introduction to Housing Help Services (Tuesday, November 10th, 2020)
- Anti-Oppression & Harm Reduction in Service Delivery (Thursday, November 12th, 2020)
- Tenant & Landlord Rights & Responsibilities (Tuesday, November 17th, 2020)
- Housing Standards & Working with Landlords (Thursday, November 19th, 2020)
- Housing Access & Income Supports (Tuesday, November 24th, 2020)
- Budgeting & Resource Management (Thursday, November 26th, 2020)
- Housing Stability & Eviction Prevention (Tuesday, December 1st, 2020)
- Understanding Mental Health in Housing (Thursday, December 3rd, 2020)
Registered participants will gain access to the webinars via a “Join” link (Zoom is compatible with PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android devices). Please consider joining with a device other than a phone.
For more information about the HHSC, contact Thania Valle, Training Facilitator, at 647-259-9336 or firstname.lastname@example.org. or Savhanna Wilson, Community Facilitator at email@example.com.