Housing Help Services Certificate
Winter 2021 Housing Help Services Certificate – Online Version!
The Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC) is now available online. The HHSC is a comprehensive professional development certificate that provides skills and competencies to housing professionals in order to serve clients more effectively within the housing and homelessness sector. Staff completing this certificate will benefit from up-to-date training in this specialized, housing-focused, area of service delivery.
The current series runs from January 12th until February 4th, 2021 and,
- Consists of eight half-days, twice per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays), 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- The cost is $450 per participant to register
- Training is delivered online via the Zoom video conferencing platform
Eligibility: You must be employed by an agency or organization within Toronto in order to register
To register, download the registration form here, fill out all sections, and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment must be received in full in advance by the November 4th registration deadline. Payment (by cheque) must be issued by an agency; no personal cheques will be accepted.
Winter 2021 Training Schedule:
- Introduction to Housing Help Services (Tuesday, January 12, 2021)
- Anti-Oppression & Harm Reduction in Service Delivery (Thursday, January 14, 2021)
- Tenant & Landlord Rights & Responsibilities (Tuesday, January 19, 2021)
- Housing Standards & Working with Landlords (Thursday, January 21, 2021)
- Housing Access & Income Supports (Tuesday, January 26, 2021)
- Budgeting & Resource Management (Thursday, January 28, 2021)
- Housing Stability & Eviction Prevention (Tuesday, February 2, 2021 )
- Understanding Mental Health in Housing (Thursday, February 4, 2021
Registered participants will gain access to the webinars via a “Join” link (Zoom is compatible with PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android devices). Please consider joining with a device other than a phone.