Relief/Supply Staff – ECE & ECA
Job Title: Relief/Supply Staff – ECE & ECA Department: Childcare
Position Type: Casual Location: EYET Head Office, 947 Queen St. East
Posting Date: March 2020 Posting Close: Open
East York/East Toronto Family Resources Organization (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET is currently welcoming applications from qualified Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) and Early Childhood Assistants (ECAs) candidates for positions in the EYET Relief Pool. Relief Pool staff work with regular staff to assist with the delivery of licensed childcare and parent/child programs. Relief Pool RECEs and ECAs report to the Program Supervisors and will implement early years programs as a part of a team. Relief staff will implement inclusive, quality, play-based early years’ programs to enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional growth in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and EYET’s policies.
Relief Pool positions are not guaranteed a minimum number of hours per week. Successful candidates will be required to have flexibility in their availability and be able work on an on-call basis at any of the EYET locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the supervisors and staff in all aspects of service preparation and delivery.
- Providing a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment showing sensitivity to the individual needs of the children in all aspects of development.
- Modeling positive adult/child relationships.
- Assisting children and families to access services.
- Assisting with the provision of an inclusive, multicultural and non-oppressive atmosphere for the children and their families.
- Housekeeping and maintenance of program space.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Other Requirements:
- ECEs are required to have completed an ECE diploma or Degree or the equivalent as recognized by the AECEO and to be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- ECAs are required to have completed a post-secondary diploma in a related field and/or studies in Family Support.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working within a childcare or family program environment.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining standards in accordance with the Ontario Childcare and Early Years Act and City of Toronto Operating Criteria.
- Experience working with young children, diverse families, multicultural communities and an excellent understanding of the theory and practice of Family Support Programs.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Emergent Curriculum, the ELECT Framework, and/or the Full Day Early Learning Kindergarten Curriculum.
- Good command of English, both verbal and written.
- Awareness of how to engage families and communities who have experience marginalization, isolation, etc.
- Required – Medical certificate including TB, 6 months current to hiring date.
- Required – Current Standard Level First Aid and Infant/Child CPR certificate and able to obtain a “Clear” Vulnerable Persons Police Check.
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a team, with minimal supervision.
- Flexible work schedule for daytime shifts (early mornings and late afternoons).
- Previous experience working in a social/community service or multi-service agency.
- Ability to speak a second language; in particular Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Mandarin, Tamil, or Dari would be an asset.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single document in either MS Word or PDF formats using your last name and first initial in order to create the filenames to “Relief Staff – ECE & ECA” at email@example.com
Only emailed applications will be accepted. No telephone enquiries, please. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates may be invited to interview before the close date of this posting.