Housing Help Services Certificate
Late Summer 2021 Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC) – Online Version!
The Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC) is an online comprehensive professional development certificate that provides skills and competencies to housing professionals in order to serve clients more effectively within the housing and homelessness sector. Our training series aims to help housing professionals achieve better outcomes for homeless and at risk individuals and households by informing and promoting best practices. Staff completing this certificate will benefit from up-to-date training in this specialized, housing-focused, area of service delivery.
The current series runs from September 7th until September 30th, 2021 and,
- Consists of eight half-days, twice per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays), 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- The cost is $450 per participant to register
- Training is delivered online via the Zoom video conferencing platform
Eligibility: You must be employed by an agency or organization within Toronto in order to register
To register, download the registration form here, fill out all sections, and e-mail the completed form to email@example.com. Payment must be received in full in advance by the September 01 registration deadline. Payment (by cheque) must be issued by an agency; no personal cheques will be accepted.
Late Summer 2021 Training Schedule:
- Introduction to Housing Help Services (Tuesday, September 7, 2021)
- Anti-Oppression & Harm Reduction in Service Delivery (Thursday, September 9, 2021)
- Tenant & Landlord Rights & Responsibilities (Tuesday, September 14, 2021)
- Housing Standards & Working with Landlords (Thursday, September 16, 2021)
- Housing Access & Income Supports (Tuesday, September 21, 2021)
- Housing Stability & Eviction Prevention (Thursday, September 23, 2021)
- Budgeting & Resource Management (Tuesday, September 28, 2021)
- Understanding Mental Health in Housing (Thursday, September 30, 2021)
Registered participants will gain access to the webinars via a “Join” link (Zoom is compatible with PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android devices). For more information about the HHSC, contact Thania Valle, Training Facilitator, at 647-259-9336 or firstname.lastname@example.org. or Savhanna Wilson, Program Supervisor at email@example.com.