Call for 2022 Board of Directors – Board Treasurer
EYET is a non-profit, multi-service agency serving communities and families in Toronto’s east end for over 35 years. Our programs include: housing help services, family supports, newcomer integration, early child development, and licensed child care. Collaboration, accountability, responsiveness, inclusion and innovation are the values which inform and inspire EYET’s response to the evolving needs of communities we serve.
We are seeking a volunteer Board Treasurer who will:
- Be responsible for the financial accountability of the organization
- Understand the agency’s finances and financial systems and report on them to the Board and voting members of EYET
- Ensure the agency’s financial policies are followed and reviewed regularly and that financial operational procedures are in compliance
- Act as a resource to the Executive Director, who is responsible for the budgeting process and management of the day-to-day financial requirements of the agency
- Meet quarterly with the Executive Director to review financial reports and ensure that all required financial reporting, forms and remittances are in order and comply with legislative requirements.
- Report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis on the status of the annual budget and the agency’s finances
- Oversee the annual external auditing process and present audited financial statements to the general membership at the Annual General Meeting
- Oversee the agency’s investment accounts, bring forward investment policy recommendations to the Board and to ensure financial accountability for same
- Be 18 years of age or older, a resident of Toronto and support EYET’s vision, mission and values
- Hold a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and/or comparable experience
- Have experience with a non-profit, charitable organization and Board experience (preferred)
- Be familiar with a governance-based Board of Directors and non-profit organizations, including the specific financial requirements of a registered charity
- Bring a personal interest in family support, early learning and child development, housing and homelessness and newcomer services.
- Attend monthly board meetings and participate on committees
Your application must include an electronic version of your RESUME with contact information, including a home address. Interviewees will be asked to complete a Membership Application Form in advance of the interview to provide consent for us to contact 2 references.
Thank-you for emailing your application, including your detailed resume, to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 p.m., Friday, April 8, 2022.