Fall 2023 Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC)
The Housing Help Services Certificate (HHSC) is an online comprehensive professional development certificate that provides skills and competencies to housing professionals in order to serve clients more effectively within the housing and homelessness sector. Our training series aims to help housing professionals achieve better outcomes for homeless and at-risk individuals and households. Staff completing this certificate will benefit from up-to-date training in this specialized, housing-focused, area of service delivery.
The current series runs from September 12 until October 5, 2023 and,
• Consists of eight half-days, offered twice per week (9:00am to 12:30pm)
• The cost is $450 per participant to register
• Training is delivered in person and via Zoom video conferencing platform
Eligibility: You must be employed by an agency or organization within Toronto.
In order to register, click here to download the PDF registration form, fill out all sections, and e-mail the completed form to email@example.com.
Payment must be received in full and in advance by – September 7, 2023 – registration deadline. Payment by cheque or money order must be issued by an agency; no personal cheques will be accepted.
Fall 2023 Training Schedule:
1. Introduction to Housing Help Services – Tuesday September 12, 2023
2. Harm Reduction & Working with Landlords – Thursday September 14, 2023
3. Tenant & Landlord – Rights & Responsibilities – Tuesday September 19, 2023
4. Anti-Oppression & Housing Standards – Thursday September 21, 2023
5. Budgeting & Resource Management – Tuesday September 26, 2023
6. Housing Access & Income Supports – Thursday September 28, 2023
7. Housing Stability & Eviction Prevention – Tuesday October 03, 2023
8. Understanding Mental Health in Housing – Thursday October 05, 2023
Registered participants will gain access to the webinars via a “Join” link (Zoom is compatible with PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android devices).
For more information about HHSC, contact Thania Valle, Training Facilitator, at 647-259-9336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.